- You are here
What is Biomass?
A biomass boiler is one which obtains its heat energy from biomass such as wood chips or pellets. Biomass fuel can be cheaper than both oil and lpg, thus enabling positive payback and savings. The more the system is used and the higher the cost of fossil fuel alternatives, the faster the payback from installing a biomass boiler.
How the technology works
A boiler burning biomass is linked to a central heating system and hot water system.
Benefits to You
- Savings of up to 40% primary energy compared with oil, LPG or electricity
- Savings of up to 15% compared to natural gas
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- Enables businesses to meet Government regulation for 20% renewable energy in new developments
- Security of energy supply
There are several incentives that make biomass an attractive option for your energy requirements.
- Renewable Obligation Certificates and Renewable Heat Initiative (RHI)
- Climate Change Levy exemptions
- Enhanced Capital Allowance Scheme
- Carbon Trust interest free loans for small busineses
Fuel: Wood pellets or chips
No upfront investment is required
Contact DCC New Energy for an energy audit to provide complete details.